Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Betty and Veronica?

I have a friend, a sounding board who save each other a lot of money in therapy. It pays that we both have unlimited access to gtalk and do not work in some of those typical Indian companies trying to pass themselves off as "Multi National Corps" who restrict your access to the internet! They believe in policing you and probably have spy ware to check the applications you open up while your supposed to be working...
We both can identify with those kinds of organisations, as we can attribute our soul-searching friendship to one of those very types. Dont get me wrong here. That org gave me a lot in life...a apartment, some great friends and the occassional men, and thats in order! I value the previous two. About the last, its best left unsaid.

Well coming back to my friend. She's a typical Leo, just as I am. With slight differences here and there. I ALWAYS remember her birthday, but she never remembers mine. Oh every year she promises to remember it, but alas, never does. I guess God made me arrive on the 6th while she arrived on the 17th. Hence, she always remembers my birthday, when her birthday arrives! Now doesnt that make us soul-mates?

She's lived a life mostly away from home and i envy her for that. She just doesnt realise it. She feels that I'm a homesick little fool encased around my mom's pallu! Not that my mom is intp sarees...nevertheless. She's had her fair share of encounters with men, some laughable, some hurtful and some really worth remembering (currently she's committed to a rather nice guy) and I am a baby in that department! Read my below posts to understand why. She's changed jobs at the drop of a hat, saved up more money than I have, travelled to far flung places, some I dont ever think I would travel to, had her passport stamped before me, eaten stuff I'd probably puke at (squids and vaious seafood, trust me, some we didnt even know were edible), bought more clothes than I have (currently I think its not gonna be long before I supercede her atleast in this department), is more tech-savvy than I am, has more Friends in Orkut and Facebook than I have and definitely has knows her way around her life while I aimlessly wander the hallowed portals of mine.

She's been a good friend. And although I havent met her for some 2 years, we do manage to chat everyday! Is that what you call a friendship? or a soul-mateship? Is Farhan Akhtar interested in making a film of the female Dil Chahta Hai??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks babes...am blushing now.linked it to my blog

Unknown said...

hey thanks devil for mentioning me in ur post as well :-)...kongki's right..she cudnt stop smiling after reading ur post..it was just a perfect way to make her smile after her last post...sid